"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs."
I have never heard of the Liebster award before this, so I looked it up on Google. There are many different variations as to how the award works but after various cross references, it only takes two simple steps after you've been nominated:
- Thank the person that nominated you and answer the 11 questions that they gave.
- Nominate other blogs and provide 11 questions for them to answer.
I have been nominated by the lovely Corinth and I must say, I am absolutely honored to be in her list of bloggers, simply because I love hers and I did not expect her to know that my blog even existed. My blog has never been nominated for any awards before because I have always been inconsistent (until recently) and although this isn't something extravagant, I am still thankful to be a part of it :)
Here are the 11 questions from Corinth:
- What is your biggest fear?
Clowns and the end of the world.
- If you could travel to a different country right now, where would you go and why?
Hands down, it'd be New Zealand. It has been a dream to explore their amazing outdoor scene, drive a caravan through the long winding roads, skydive over the snow tip mountains and enjoy a pack of fish & chips (with fresh dairy ice cream for desert) infront of the Blue Lake. It has always been one of my dream countries to visit and spend at least a month in.
- You're going to meet Taylor Swift and you'll go on a coffee date with her! What will you say to her? What will you talk about? I'm not a big fan of Swift but I don't hate her either. I wouldn't mind coffee at all! I've had my fair share of ex boyfriend dramas so I think I'd probably bitch to her about them, seeing how her songs are all about her long list of ex lovers. Now that would be an interesting conversation.
- Grab your purse right now. Tell us the first three things you grab without looking.
My phone. Huge make-up/personal items pouch. Shoes.
- Do you have a weird shopping habit? (Example: Me, I like touching clothes and smelling the air when I'm in a mall) I have this habit of scanning for items from across the room, and then walk over to the other side and scan items that were displayed from where I was standing originally. I don't know if you understood what I meant, but I hope you do because yes, I do that all the time.
- The world is ending and you only have 10 minutes left to live, YOU ARE STARVING; what's your last meal going to be? I think I would rather starve and spend my last ten minutes with my loved ones... but if I really had to choose, I would probably have a huge ass wholemeal kebab. It's something like a wrap(?) that I can make within minutes and it's usually filled with just the right amount of meat, vegetables and carbs. Keeps me full til I get to heaven, maybe?
- If you were to pick a movie character that best describes who you are as a person, who would it be? I would have to go with Ginger Foutley from As Told By Ginger. I have always loved that show (it's a cartoon, but they had a movie!) because I could relate fairly well to her. She is an outdoor instructor who writes in her diary alot. She lives with a single mum, has a weird relationship with her younger brother, met her true love at summer camp, has unruly hair and tends to overthink/overanalyze every single thing.
- What is your happy food? I don't have a specific "happy food" and my boyfriend rarely tries to cheer me up with food but when he does, it has gotta be ice cream. Preferably mint.
- What would you name your first child if it was a girl? I have never really thought of girl names because I have always wanted boys. I would probably let my future husband pick the girl's name. However, if it was a boy - I've always liked the name Riyadh and Mikail.
- What are the achievements you are most proud of? Being able to stand on my own two feet despite having faced many letdowns in my early adult life. I never thought I was capable of that, ever.
- Look at your life now. Are you living the life of your dreams? Human beings will never be satisfied with what they have and neither do I. But as I breathe right now, another human being takes his or her last. So I remind myself everyday to stop complaining and learn to live my life with whatever I have.
I nominate: Farhana, Kathreena, Gemma, Brina and Erda - and here are my 11 questions.
- What is the one thing that you wish you never gave up on?
- Tell me about the best vacation you’ve ever taken.
- One thing you love most about the person you love most.
- Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
- No make up Monday or no make up everyday?
- Do you see yourself retiring in the country you grew up in?
- Tell me a quote that you live by, if any.
- Shark diving, bungee jumping, or sky diving?
- Can you remember your last dream? If yes, what was it.
- What is your profession and why did you choose it?
- If you were the president for a day, what is the first thing you'd do?