Life Lately: Where Have I Been?
I haven't been writing anything on here for quite some time now and I am fully aware of this. I don't even know if anybody still reads this space or even wonder where I've been, but heck it. I thought I'd do what I always do back when I was fourteen - sit down, face the screen, and punch in whatever my brain tells my fingers to do. It does help that it feels really good to be typing with a fresh set of keys, though. It is in moments like this that I try to get my inspiration and passion for writing, and I must say, I think it's working.
Well, life has been kind of weird lately - somewhere between positively / negatively overwhelming because at the same time, it feels like nothing is wrong yet nothing is going perfectly right either. It's completely weird. Or maybe, I'm just completely confused. Whatever. Well, this feeling isn't entirely new to me, but the past weeks have just gone by like a blur and I need to find a way to get my life back in order.
So life lately has been about:
- Finally getting my wrecked laptop replaced. Oh, it feels so good to be typing on a new laptop.
- Having dinner and spending time with friends / teammates / the girls.
- Making plans and setting goals, and actually following through with them.
- Attending events and meetings, slowly making things legitimate.
- Learning to listen to myself better in order to make sense of things.
- Falling back in love with event and street photography.
- Getting back on the fitness track and taking proper care of my body.
- Finding peace in solitude and finally being okay with spending a lot of my days alone.
- At the same time, learning the hard way that the only person who won't let me down is myself.
- Binge watching 2 Broke Girls, Love Vivy and Girl Boss. I love the subliminal self-empowerment message from these shows.
- Envisioning (or more like day-dreaming about) the business space that I will one day have.
- Falling in and out of love with the same person the past year, but at the same time learning to accept the fact that you cannot force someone to love you if they don't.
- Finding it hard to swallow that despite whatever I say about freelance being the ideal job that pays a hell lot for short hours, it isn't consistent enough to keep me stable. I have always dreamt of having my own business but until then, I actually do need a full time job.
Sigh. This is why I write. To remember the tiny milestones that happen in my life - every break up, every foul day, every accomplishment. It has never mattered to me whether or not anyone was reading my blog - I write for my own sake, and keepsake. I started this blog merely for it to be a space where I track my adventures and misadventures - and that is what it will continue to be. Having people read them is just a bonus that makes my day even better, so to anyone of you reading, thank you. It really means a lot.